Senior QA – Back Shift Sunday to Thursday 1400 – 2200 hours
Duns, Scottish Borders, TD11 3HS
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior QA within the Quality team. Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate’s key duties are to ensure that the company’s food safety standards are being adhered to. Full training will be given to successful candidates.
Candidates should ideally meet the following key requirements for this role –
· Experience of food production processes and an appreciation for food safety and quality management.
· Ability to coordinate and direct shift QA’s and effectively communicate at all levels within the business.
· Provide first point of contact support for Production on quality issues.
· Understanding and upholding the Company everyday standards.
· Report on findings and make any recommendations
· Coordinate and review departmental Work Instructions
· Review and monitor HACCP and CCP checks and adherence
· Approve and release products and batches through the SAP system
· Place any non-conforming products on hold
· Liaise with production to ensure quality and customer standards are maintained
· Promote Food safety standards to operations staff, aiding in understanding all specifications and procedures.
· Review paperwork and implement improvements when required.
· Collect and deliver all samples required for micro testing or for any other Q.A. checks required.
Some of the key skills that will be required include;
· Strong attention to detail
· Proficient in English literacy and numeracy
· Proficient in the use of IT packages
· SAP experience would be desirable although full training will be given
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
· Ability to react quickly and with flexibility
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply by submitting a covering letter detailing your suitability and reason for applying along with an up to date copy of your CV
Closing date for all applications is : 12 noon on Monday 14th January 2019